Thursday, June 24, 2010

Chikkamangaloora Chikkamallige..



It was 9 30 in the night I got call from Pradeep. He was still in office by that time.
I was home. He asked If I am ready to leave for a 2 day trip to chickmagalur. That evening
i had just attended an engagement function and had batted well and my eyes were dying to sleep.
As soon as i got the call, my eyes started to jump and I said 'OK, I m ready' in reply to his call. It was the effect of UNIVISION, WALL STREET JOURNAL made Pradeep/sada/Tommy that made them to take up this sudden decision. Also, i must say pradeep was on toes since he bought a new sky blue cheorlet Spark and wanted to give a rough drive.

Univision and WSJ are the most considerable projects for July. I proudly say that I was a part of Univision's IPhone and Android App developments. Sada/Tommy are on WSJ Blackberry dev.
Being at office for more than 12 hours had become a habit of mine. More than 14 was pradeep's.
July is a good place to work with except for the timelines. We met the deadlines and the
build went to stores successfully in time. All the time I spent went about creating components,
dropping to QA, Component not working in QA setup , modify the component (HARDCODE) and drop
to qa and that works and stuffs like that. Though my contribution was only about 6 months,
I have slept in the office for around 3 months, watching live matches in mobiles sitting
with NetOps team. It was good at some point of time being busy with office work and get noticed
by every individual. But somehow I felt , ok thats it, there is no need to work like this for
more than 12 hours just to fill my stomach. I had almost lost my personal life. My mobile balance
was still. No outgoing. Only incoming calls from NetOps. "Hi Vinay, This is from netops. There is a critical issue in Univision. Top Story is blank, Resultados is showing empty page"..uffffff. Had a nice time. I used to come to Tumkur on most of the weekends just to escape from the situation of working over weekend. Many Many thanks to Pradeep who took care of all such issues over the night. Maggi at Mindtree cafetaria / tea outside the campus was our midnight breaks. Now I am back to my good old company. Where I work only from 9 30 AM to 6 30 PM as of now. Bit relief and breathing healthily. Now I can give some hand in preparing supper at nights. I enjoy walking back from office to room daily whick is about 3KMS with 2Rs kadlekaayi.

It was 1 AM in the morning I got call from Pradeep saying they are near Okalipuram. I went
to Rajkumar road and pulled myself in the car. It will be good, fresh feeling when you are about to start the journey late night. We had several breaks in between on the way. Morning 7 30 AM we reached chickmagalur, Had delicious Malnad Dose, coffee. Then we started towards the hill. The driver(Pradeep alone) could only see the road upto some 20 feets. It was full of mist. We enjoyed every moment. We went to see Bababudangiri. It was around 10 AM and still the fog covered. We badly wanted to get fresh first. We somehow took a nook at Attigundi's Greenwood resort. The owner was around 19 years of age. Found out that he was basically from Tumkur. Started to speak about localities of Tumkur. Then we got fresh and booked a Jeep for Kemmannugundi / Kalhattagiri and Hebbe falls. It was an amazing moment when we heard the Jeep took his birth in 1983. 2 years before I could open my eyes. The road is very teriffic from attigundi to Kemmanngugundi. It took about an hour to cover just 25KMS. We saw some places in kemmannugundi, took photos, ate lays. Fearing leeches, my travellers rejected to move on to see Z Point and Shanti falls. I just enjoyed their names. Then we started to Hebbe falls.

The travel is still lingering in my mind. So much tough road,not a road in fact, a short cut carved on the hills. Many thanks to our Schumi(Jeep Driver) for taking us safe there.The four wheel drive geared Jeep trip was awesome. I took the front seat and enjoyed every turning. Finally we reached Hebbe Falls. We now have to walk for about a KM to see the falls. Luckily I was wearing shoes and I thought i am just escaped from leeches. Leeches are the deadly creatures. Me and sada led from the front and started to walk followed by Tommy, Pradeepa and Beeaar(colleage mate to Tommy/pradeep). We had to cross three flowing water natural channels. My shoes were almost wet and OMG i just slip in the waters becoz of slippery rocks. My shoes were wet. Just giggled and started to walk again. Pradeep and beeaar were holding hands and walking so delicately. That made more leeches to suck their blood easily. It was a surprise when I met most of my MSEC juniors there. It was good seeing them after 2 long years. Next scene was unimaginable when I saw water climbing down from a huge rock. It was as if a white cloth
was spread from such a height. The water flow was continuos. What an amazing water fall. Hats off to the nature. We were only five there when we were near the falls. It was around 5 PM. Suddenly bright sunlight started to eye on the falls and it was an amazing moment to capture few snaps. I was not at all in a mood to turn back and head towards jeep. TIME is not constant. We came back near the jeep and had a plastic cup of delicious tea. I really hate people who throw plastics even upon seeing the board "Nature is our mother, Don;t spoil her"... Finally we thought of doing a final round of check for leeches. I thought I had not kissed by them. But when I opened my wet grey Ruggers socks, I met a big black yokozuna sized leech. It was happily drinking my sweet blood. hehe LOL...I just gave it a goli shot and it went flying. Sada became the killer of that leech. We started our trek back by jeep. It was near dark and Schumi told
us it will be difficlut to drive in dark fog and we cannot see much of Kalhattagiri. Sadly we sat. The roads made us to push another jeep which was stuck in the middle of the road and make way for us. It was so chill outside. Hats off to a gang who managed to drive their cute Swift in that road which was really not meant for it. The drive back to resort in that fog, only our jeep light in that misty dim vaathavarana, it was memorable. Schumi gave a pit stop to give some
fresh oxygen to his heart. Everyone ordered coffee. I had pint of KO, coffee , mixture all together. Combi was good. We reached resort by 8 30 PM and ordered some food for our starving stomach. We then said Thanks and Bye to Schumi for his safe and wonderful roller coaster ride. Kissed the Jeep too..Missing it...The food was delicious at the resort's food court, enjoyed every ounce. Came back to room on toes to see the IND v/s PAK match. What a match that was.
Harbhajan made us all happy.

Next morning we had plans of visting Muthodi forest. The safari starts at 8 AM. We all planned to go there and slept. Next day morning when we woke up clock was hitting 10 AM. We all laughed loudly, took a hot cup of non delicious coffee, had a hot water bath and started to climb down from attigundi. It was really paining inside all of us to leave mother nature. I think Karnataka Tourism is such worst committee where they could only hang route boards and not proper roads. Pity them. We then had BF in the same hotel at chickmagalur, did shopping, I recharged my cell phone. Then we headed to Hiremagalur KodandaRama Temple. The temple is big and good. We could manage to meet Kannan Mama, who is a famous anchor in Udaya Tv Harate show. He is a priest who tells sanskrit mantras in pure kannada. He speaks English too in same pace. Could hear him speaking about Obama in a rhymic way."Twinkle Twinle little star, Turn your faces towards Indian Stars". HUH... Then we drived to Belur, saw the art work done by Hoysala
Dynasty. Took few snaps and faced towards Noisy, Polluted, hectic bangalore. so this was a brief about our trip.


Chickmagalur a must watch place in human life time.
Missing Deep, SV, Dhakshna, Karumalai, Ujjwal, Karna, Nagoji, Taha, KP(Yellow Lead),
Thyagu, Vinay(STOSE), Shuhaib, Karthik, Sathish and many more in July. All the best
guys.!!!!

No comments: